I can’t start this post without first squeeling a gigantic, “THANK YOOOOOOUU!” to everyone who has taken time out of their busy holiday-preparing-lives, opened a new browser window and read about the amazing food bloggers and contributors featured in the Holiday Issue of FoodieCrush mag.
Sharing these food bloggers stories, recipes and photography is such a reward, one that I hope shows through in the flippable, online pages I hope you’re inspired to cook from. I also encourage you to visit their blogs where there is so much more to discover.
Last week I featured a few food bloggers in my Holiday Gift Guide, all of whom generously donated items for a giveaway for FoodieCrush readers. Please be sure to enter the giveaway before Monday at 11:59 p.m. MST to be entered to take home some foodie blogger swag.
In addition to getting the mag uploaded, I’ve been doing a bit of traveling of late—some for the mag and some for me and my man to do some celebrating of a big number anniversary. Let’s just pretend I got married at 14 so it doesn’t hurt so much to think of the fact that much time has passed us by so quickly.
The travel combined with the holiday eats within the pages of FC magazine and barking dogs welcoming packages delivered to our door…well, it’s starting to feel like the hubbub and crazy energy of Christmas is in full swing at casa del Larsen.
They hit an entertaining homerun—creating inspired recipes with a casual entertaining vibe that makes me want to be one of their cute friends, so I could hang out, be waited on and spend a lazy Sunday chit chatting and noshing from the amazing snack board they put together, oh yes! A little sweet, a little salty, a little savory.
For me, when the mood strikes and impromptu get togethers happen, I feel best when there’s a little something in the pantry, giving me no reason to be unprepared to serve up a bite and a sip. Entre vous the Harry & David gift basket.
When I visited Harry & David earlier this year—oh how I’m still coveting my White Peach Sangria— I walked the Oregon orchards where Royal Riviera Pears are grown, tended to and plucked by hand by Harry & David workers. 700 tons of pears a day plucked by 300 pickers. 2.9 million pears a day. For 28 days. Then these beauties sit and ripen to juuuuuust the right maturity until they’re shipped off to homes and savored upon many a holiday table.
When Harry & David offered to do a giveaway to celebrate the release of the new issue, you might wonder why I chose this gift basket out of the many that H&D create?
First, my aunt lives in Seattle and thanks to the fond food memories of visiting, checking out Pikes Market and eating amazing meals at restaurants I’ll always remember, I have a soft spot for the northwest. Second, in this basket, Harry & David has paired some of the best of the northwest, showcasing products that emulate a visit there while creating an insanely easy way to entertain. Without the chaos or the strain.
Oh man, take me back to Oregon, or Seattle, will you pleeeassseee? This is as close as I’m going to get for the time being, and thanks to my stocked pantry, I’m alright with that.
The Harry & David Northwest Basket (value $79.95 and shipping) contains:
- 3 Royal Riviera Pears
- Lemon Dill Smoked Sockeye Salmon (6 oz.)
- Olympic Provisions Finocchiona Salami with fennel and garlic (4.5 oz.)
- Rogue Creamery TouVelle Cheese (4 oz.)
- Oregon Whole Roasted and Salted Hazelnuts (6 oz.)
- Beecher’s Honey Hazelnut Crackers (5 oz.)
- Marionberry Pepper Jelly (5.5 oz.)
Ship it to yourself, or a friend. If you’re the winner, you decide.
To enter to win one Northwest Gift Basket, leave a comment below answering, “What is your favorite food gift to give?”
For bonus entries:
1. Join FoodieCrush on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know you did so.
2. Follow @FoodieCrush on Twitter and leave a separate comment letting me know you are a follower.
3. Subscribe to FoodieCrush newsletter and leave a separate comment letting me know you subscribed.
4. Follow FoodieCrush on Pinterest and leave a separate comment letting me know you follow.
***Congratulations to Jen L. who has won the giveaway after following me on Twitter.***
The giveaway is now closed. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment(s). Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Products will be shipped by Harry & David.
And now, my Friday Faves. It’s been a week focused my online magazine so lets just keep the ball rolling going heavy on the magazine and cookbook theme.
1. I think this sounds like such a cool idea for a magazine and Kickstarter is helping them make it happen. Maybe I should start a Kickstarter campaign so we could see FoodieCrush in print. Whaddya think?
2. We know about the Bon Apetits and the Food & Wines, but have you checked out some of these new to me food mags.
3. When I wasn’t creating my own magazine I was contributing to this one along with some of my favorite food bloggers.
4. Did you see what Deb said about creating her best-selling cookbook? Fat congrats and well deserved!
5. While trolling other issues as my issue was uploading, I discovered this DIY online mag that I have quickly become obsessed with. Glitter baby animals. I am so down with that.
7. Thanks to Bree for turning me onto Alison, of who I am so enamored! She did a guest post about how to take advantage of those camera pics and create an Instagram book. Use the code WARM on checkout and save 25%!
8. While my man and I were slurping ramen and downing sushi in San Francisco, we went to my late grandmother’s favorite store, Gump’s. I walked away wanting these and these ornaments and drooling over how purdy my cake would be perched atop this. No, I’m not hinting at all. Nope, not me. Not at all.
10. And my favorite Tweet of the Week: “I’m TTTP: Too Tired to Pin” via @runningwithtweezers
Good luck in the Harry & David Northwest Gift Basket Giveaway and have a happy weekend.
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Foodie Crush and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest and check out Foodie Crush magazine and Cookie Cravings Holiday Cookie Cookbook.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Harry & David. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.