Yes sir! It is FRRRRIIIDAY! And that means my work is just about to begin.
This weekend will be jam packed: A photo shoot on the mountain (snow, skis and sunscreen), a video shoot with kids and dogs (what was I thinking?), green food eating—and drinking—and somewhere along the line the toilets need to get cleaned. I bet I can find volunteers for just about everything on my to-do list the above minus the last item. Which is the only one I REALLY don’t want to do. So, maybe I won’t!
Life is about living, not about toilets. It’s about dressing up dogs in funny outfits—in video shoots with kids. Oh, poor Pippa. And who is the tween who took over my daughter’s room and threw-up teen dreams all over it? That’s why you spend time living, not doing toilets, because it goes way, way too fast.
How did a week go by, or maybe even two, where I haven’t posted a recipe with cheese? Let’s remedy that toot sweet. And how about we add some crab? Now there’s an idea.
I’m heading to a St. Paddy’s day party on Sunday and will be taking my Stout Brownies, as requested, but thought I better bring a little something more in hand besides my green chardonnay.
I wonder what it would be like with some green food dye, to put it more in the St. Patrick’s Day mood? Maybe I better just load up on the green onion instead.
I can’t let this week go by without telling you how much I appreciate my readers. I love hearing from you and working with you. Your support and interaction with FoodieCrush on all levels means the moon, sun and stars to me. So thank you for letting me be a little slice of your life.
Have a grand weekend, make sure you get out and live it ‘inlife’ and not just ‘online’.
1. So, I mentioned I may partake of some green chardonnay for St. Patrick’s Day. Maybe not such a great idea. Thankfully I’m enamored with Brian’s Irish Whiskey Smash. And I just happen to have a bottle of Whiskey waiting to be released to the hounds. Can you hear me howling NOW?
2. JT, I love you and I’m so glad you’re back. There’s nothing more to say.
3. Wedding season is fast approaching so I’m always on the scout for unique aka memorable wedding gifts instead of the standard toaster—not that there’s anything wrong with that. Look at how adorable these are to share a pint or two?
4. Ugh. Damn Google. Of course you had to do this after JUST THIS PAST TUESDAY, when I was up until 2 a.m. organizing my Google Reader and then you say you’re dumping it? You are the salvation to my online organizational problems (host my e-mail, I use Google Drive for all of my file/content creation) but then you have to go and put blog followers into major panic mode. Do you see the shaking fists in the air with a few f-bombs tossed at the computer screens? That’s to you Google. How is one to keep up with our favorite blogs since you came in years ago and descimated the market so that now there’s no one to pick up the slack?
I’ve been using Feedly for quite a while, I love the flippable format and it’s just such a better design. I’m a sucker, I know. However, my Feedly has been linked to my Google Reader and the folks at Feedly have been anticipating this change for a while and have been in development with Normandy. Here’s what they have to say about it: “When Google Reader shuts down, Feedly will seamlessly transition to the Normandy back end. So if you are a Google Reader user and using feedly, you are covered: the transition will be seamless.” You can also check out Ali’s guide to make that switch or see what Brit & Co. suggest for other Google Reader alternatives too.
Another great reader option is Bloglovin, and you can follow my blog with Bloglovin as easy as pie.
Or go ahead and make it even easier and get FoodieCrush posts directly in your e-mail.
P.S. If you’d like to save Google Reader, here’s a Save Google Reader petition to tell them so. No thanks, I’ll stick to where I’m wanted, and that’s with Feedly.
5. Whoa! My mom’s family name—one that goes far beyond Smith, Jones or Goldberg—has been made into a New Jersey restaurant, Agricola Eatery (no relation, what a bummer!) with beautiful branding to boot. I wonder if they’d give us a free dinner if we had our family reunion there?
6. I could totally get on board (get it, nudge, wink, wink?) with this multi-layered booze cruise! Attention someone with loads of expendable income and nobody to spend it on, I’ll take one and you can take one and we’ll race.
7. Just one look. Just one look at that golden fluted phyllo. That’s all it took. Thank you Sam.
8. Like Imelda Marcus’ voracious appetite for shoes, my husband shares the same passion for coolers. I hear Father’s Day is right around the corner and this stump cooler would be a funny one to add to his assortment. It would be oh-so-Kinfolk to carry ice cold prosecco around in a stump for a lazy but perfectly poised picnic in a mushroom laden forest. Not just any mushroom, but truffles. Yes, that’s it. And all I need is this cooler to make it happen. OR…he could take it to a NASCAR race and use it for his seat in the infield and with a tip of his tush reach in for a nice cold beverage. Do you know my husband? Take one guess which event he would choose.
9. Speaking of shoes collections, I am getting these espadrille-esque foldable Vince Kia slip-ons ASAP. I saw them at Nordstrom and my heart skipped a beat, they are such a supple, soft leather. Orange! My favorite shoe is a comfy but stylish one I can quickly pair with yoga pants, jeans or a skirt. And while I appreciate their philanthropy, I can’t quite get on the TOMs trend so these will fit the bill.
10. I get lots of emails and questions about what’s in my camera bag so I’ve created a FoodieCrush Amazon store to share my tools. I love shopping through Amazon and as an affiliate, and every time you start your shopping through my site I get a small $ thank you $ from them for sending you there, which helps me create more unique and fun content for you. So thank you again for your support!
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch by subscribing to FoodieCrush and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest. This post includes affiliate shopping links of which I receive a small percentage of sales to allow me to create new and special content like this for my readers, so thank you for your support. All opinions are my own.