Peach season is right around the corner, and I can’t wait to hand-pick some big old juicers from the roadside fruit stand to take home and throw on the grill for my easy Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone. Dessert on the grill, can’t get easier than that.
Caramelized goodness with a touch of honey and rosemary. Mmmm hmm.
But until I load the car, gas it up and make the jaunt, I’ll share a few Friday Faves with ya’ll.
1. There were a few tips I learned of at the Evo Conference that didn’t make my recap post. One is this great app called CardMunch. Take a pic of a business card and all of the info is directly imported into your contacts or LinkedIn account.
The other is an iPhone photo editing app. Yes, yet another one to add to the arsenal. Snapseed is from one of my favorite image editing companies, Nik Software and got a lot of tongues wagging at Evo with all of us iPhone picture taking hounds comparing whose editing with what. It’s also available on the iPad.
2. I’m going to be flying my red, white and blue colors high at the Olympic Opening ceremony. I don’t know how they could top the Beijing opener, but I’m hoping London will pull out all their star power and wow the world. I’m looking at you Posh! I think this sweet USA red, white and blue treat is perfectly in order to enjoy as I sit on the couch and watch the athletes sweat it. Get the complete 2012 Summer Olympic schedule here.
3. Check out this Pinterest board featuring food bloggers tomato recipes in support of the movement to purchase for slave free tomatoes.
4. In an effort to keep up with my myriad of RSS feeds, I’m checking out Evernote Clearly to use with my favorite browser, Chrome, that promises to make blog posts and webpages easy to read with customized font selection and themes. Check it out and let me know what you think.
5. And finally, I’m thinking about making this for a blogger potluck, to quench the thirst of those talkie, eating food lovers.