Snickerdoodles with White Chocolate Chips

by heidi on February 2, 2012

Foodie Crush Magazine Snickerdoodles Recipe

I don’t mean to brag, but eh-hem, I’m an award winner.

Yep, it’s true. A winner of a blue ribbon. Utah State Fair. 4th grade. Yes, I said a STATE FAIR BLUE RIBBON. For my Snickerdoodle recipe. Award winning baker I am.

Smudge and I were going through some old boxes over Christmas and she discovered the coveted contest winning ribbon. In her eyes my status jumped immediately into the stratosphere ie: the realms of iCarly and her beloved Big Time Rush. Yep, rock star status.

Foodie Crush magazine SnickerdoodlesShe’s been obsessing over why I was awarded the blue ribbon, my coveted Snickerdoodle recipe, and thus obsessing over us baking Snickerdoodles.

I have no idea where the recipe came from, maybe an easy-to-bake cookbook from 4-H, but it is seriously one of the best cookie recipes I’ve ever had. Light but moist, chewy and how easy is it to dump all of the ingredients into one bowl, mix and bake. It’s easier than buying store bought, pre-made, sausage-style cookie rolls.

Easy enough for a 4th grader (me), and now a 2nd grader (Smudge), to make.

FoodieCrush Magazine SnickerdoodlesI added a touch of chocolate to the recipe to dress it up a little, inspired by a lovely looking recipe from Averie at Love Veggies and Yoga and my obsession with chocolate.

FoodieCrush Magazine SnickerdoodlesAnd now presenting:

Lately I’ve noticed a plethora of Snickerdoodle variations floating in the blogosphere. Is it just me or are bakers becoming more and more creative?

Oh and get ready, apparently Snickerdoodles have inspired some creative quotes from each of these bloggers!

Foodie Crush Always With Butter Snickerdoodle CakephotoAlways With Butter

Julie promises Snickerdoodle Cake with Brown Sugar Buttercream  is moist as the day is long and as she says best “And the frosting, it is just ‘stand at the counter and eat with a spoon’ good.” With 6+ sticks of butter, we know Always with Butter is living up to her name.

Foodie Crush Mountain Mama Cooks Snickerdoodle PiephotoMountain Mama Cooks

Flakey crust layered with cake-like snickerdoodle filling and a cinnamon caramel sauce that tops the whole shebang, Kelley insists, “This pie is slap your mama good.”  Man, I’m ready to bust into that crust for her delicious Snickerdoodle Pie from Mountain Mama Cooks.

Foodie Crush Melissa Bakes Snickerdoodle Cupcakephoto > Melissa Bakes

“Hello, my name is Heidi and I might have found an addiction” thanks to Melissa Bakes Snickerdoodle Muffins, a tasty sugar snack that Melissa promises are so delicious that “who could say no to crack muffins?”

Foodie Crush Let's Dish Snickerdoodle BreadphotoLet’s Dish

Based on Barbara’s super original and oh-so-tasty recipe for Barbara Bakes Snickerdoodle Bread, Danelle solves the dreaded dilemma of cookie overload by saying, “After the holidays are over I’m still craving cookies, but to be honest, I’m a little tired of making them. Whaaa whaa? Danelle keeps the sugar love flowing with a remake of Barb’s Snickerdoodle twist in Let’s Dish Recipes’ Snickerdoodle Bread.

Foodie Crush That Winsome Girl Snickerdoodle CupcakephotoThat Winsome Girl

Don’t these Snickerdoodle cupcakes look like little pillows of heaven? Amy’s done her homework, tested the recipe and made her fixes to Martha’s original recipe—yes, even Martha needs some tweaks sometimes and according to Amy, “The seven-minute frosting is really where these cupcakes failed in comparison to my favorites.” Thank the Lord she’s blessed us with That Winsome Girl’s revamped Snickerdoodle Cupcakes v2.0. Oh have mercy!

More sweet bakes from Foodie Crush:

Toasted Coconut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mom’s Fudge with Pecans
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
Baked Apple Cuplettes

Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and follow me on TwitterFacebook and Pinterest and check out Foodie Crush magazine

Posted in: baking and breads,desserts and sweets,recipes

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 2, 2012 at 1:05 am

Wow, what an amazing roundup. I LOVE snickerdoodles (thanks for linking up my white choc snickerdoodles) and this post makes me want to start baking. I actually have another post set to come out in a week that I have to sit on but if you love snickerdoodles, I think you’ll like that one, too. I seriously can’t get enough :)

Kathryn February 2, 2012 at 2:26 am

This is such a great round up of some fantastic looking recipes not to mention your award-winning cookies!

Bev Weidner February 2, 2012 at 5:51 am

Look at this! And I’m so proud of you and your award. You need to go celebrate! Even if it was *cough* something *cough* years ago. ;)

heidi February 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

Yes, it may have been a *cough* few years ago. Thank goodness :)

Kelley February 2, 2012 at 6:48 am

Look at you little award winner and all! I can see why you would’ve have gone home with a ribbon, those cookies look scrumptious. I love all things snickerdoodle. I HAVE to try that bread from Let’s Dish. Thanks for including me!

Michelle February 2, 2012 at 7:52 am

Great roundup – I want to make each one of these recipes.

FYI – I think you forgot to include the white chocolate chips in your recipe.

heidi February 2, 2012 at 8:23 am

Thanks for pointing that out, you read the recipe! Ha. Noted and fixed. THX!!

Jillian Nicole February 2, 2012 at 8:16 am

Well if you won an award then I have to try them–no New Year’s resolution is getting in my way!:) Also, might just have to try that snickerdoodle cake and cupcakes!:)

marybeth February 2, 2012 at 8:19 am

Sooo, do you add about a cup of white chocolate chips??

heidi February 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

You could add a cup. I add 3/4 cup. And I fixed the recipe, thanks for pointing it out :)

Tamara @jemofthesouth.com February 2, 2012 at 8:21 am

Great list! That snickerdoodle bread looks so yummy!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes February 2, 2012 at 10:46 am

What a delicious Snickerdoodle roundup.. I love the Snickerdoodle Bread. I created it when I was making quick breads for the Great American Bake Sale. I’ll have to give your blue ribbon recipe a try.

heidi February 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Barbara, I’m so glad you came up with this recipe, totally inventive my friend! Thansks for inspiring so many of us bloggie bloggers. XO

Brooke February 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

Heidi! I love snickerdoodles, I used to be kind of an addict when it came to them. I just might have to re-ignite the obsession. Thanks for this post.
P.S. I can’t believe how big your little girl is getting-beautiful. (I have a slurry of red headed friends, I say ‘I collect red heads!’)

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau February 2, 2012 at 11:36 am

There something so utterly comforting about snickerdoodles to me! I love the other roundupsof the recipes – they look delish!

heidi February 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Thanks for enjoying the doodle madness!

thelittleloaf February 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm

What an amazing round up and congratulations on your award winning Snickerdoodles! :-)

Cassie February 2, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I want all of these. Can’t wait to try your award winning snickerdoodles, they are my favorite. And that cake looks to-die-for!

Simply Tia February 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Sending this recipe to my little sister. She will absolutely love me for that!!! They look beautiful.

heidi February 2, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Awesome Tia! Is she a snickerdoodle queen? They were always my face as a kid, who doesn’t love cinnamon sugar doused everything?

Cookie and Kate February 2, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Snickerdoodles are my favorite! I used to be an extra-thin version as a kid, but mine didn’t win any rewards! Yours look fantastic.

heidi February 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Oh honey, give these bad boys a try and you’ll never go thin again. And you can clean up with that new dishwasher of yours ;)

Jacquie February 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I made the Snickerdoodle cookies with white chocolate this evening and they turned out really nice! They are a fluffy and moist cookie.
I added allspice and cardamom to the flour for an extra bit of kick!
They only difference for me is that the cookies didn’t spread out as yours did in the picture. They remained fairly round in shape. Nevermind though, they tasted just as good in my mouth!

heidi February 3, 2012 at 1:00 am

Awesome! I wonder if yours weren’t as thin thanks to my high altitude. I know I have trouble getting things to rise, opposite of your experience. Check out this post and try doing the opposite, maybe starting with adding a 1/2tsp of baking powder.

Jacquie February 3, 2012 at 8:33 am

That is a good point because come to think of it, most times if I do not have baking powder in a cookie recipe, my cookies will not spread. They remain nice round balls unless I flatten them. And I know due to where I live, I have to shave a good few minutes off my baking time as to not over-cook anything I do.
This recipe is a keeper so I will give it another try with the baking powder suggestion. Thanks!

Roxana GreenGirl { A little bit of everything} February 3, 2012 at 5:21 am

congratulations on your award! I love snickerdoodles and your cookies sound delish!
And the snickerdoodle round-up, yum yum yum!

Heidi @ Bits of Sunshine February 3, 2012 at 5:27 am

I have never had snickerdoodles before and have ALWAYS been curious about them! I think those cupcakes look divine! She piped that icing on in such an irresistable way!

Debbie Lee February 3, 2012 at 9:53 am

What lovely goodies!
btw, where did you get your white cakestand?? It’s so classic and beautiful

Allison February 3, 2012 at 10:22 am

Friday is my baking day, And i want to prepare cookies. I will try this one too. Its delicious.

nicole {sweet peony} February 3, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I loooove snickerdoodles & your award-winning recipe is one that I’ll definitely have to try! Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful round-up of other snickerdoodle recipes!

Deborah February 3, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I totally want some of your cookie! And your girl is so adorable – I’m dying!!

Jonathon Ralte February 4, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love chocolates and eat a lot of it. But seeing these pictures I’m craving for more.
Thanks for sharing such wonderful recipes.

-Jonathon

Cookin' Canuck February 4, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Snickerdoodles are some of my all-time favorite cookies and now I really want to make the blue-ribbon recipe! That picture of your sweet Smudge is gorgeous – love that light reflecting in her eyes.

Natalie A. February 5, 2012 at 12:56 am

Congrats on your Blue Ribbon at the State Fair! This cookie recipe looks delicious! I’d love to try this recipe out soon! Thanks for sharing your Blue Ribbon recipe!!

Sneh | Cook Republic February 5, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I baked snickerdoodles once and although they tasted great, they went soft very quickly (not sure if they are meant to). I love yours, with chocolate chips. Bookmarking to bake in the weekend!

Magic of Spice February 5, 2012 at 7:16 pm

What a fun and delicious post! I love snickerdoodles!

YnnaRada March 2, 2012 at 10:02 am

Wow! These are mouth-watering recipe! I love the Snickerdoodle pie! Looks so yummy! I hope you can share the recipe of the pie. Thanks!

Rose July 10, 2012 at 8:33 pm

For the 1 teaspoon soda…does that mean baking soda??

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet July 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

I want to make every single of these! My Hubby loves snickerdoodles and I love white chocolate – perfect combo if you ask me. Thanks, Heidi!

marla September 15, 2012 at 11:28 am

Love this snicker doodle round up! Will be linking back to this in my upcoming post :)

Mariana June 6, 2014 at 5:09 pm

What is 1 recipe of cinnamon sugar?